First meetings are always tough. You want to start off on the right foot. Build a good rapport and align everyone. Use our perfectly crafted agenda template for this first meeting with your new team!
Note: Read our guide to first one on one meetings here.
Break the ice (5 mins)
Use fun Icebreaker questions to put everyone at ease and make people smile! Some fun questions:
- Where will you travel first when Covid-19 ends?
- Your favourite movie of all time
- Pineapple on Pizza? Yay or nay!
- If you had a time machine, would you go into the past or future?
Intro time - yourself & go round the room (10 mins)
You can’t start working with people without getting to know them. Introduce yourself here! The work you have done in the past, why you joined the team, your future aspirations and your hobbies. You can then go around the team and do the same with everyone.
Enquire about current status (10 mins)
- What kind of work have we done until now?
- What projects are ongoing? And biggest learnings from them?
- Some stuff that was left midway because of transition with the previous manager?
Note: You should get a download from the manager who is transiting out. But good to get bottoms up inputs too!