Why do skip-level meetings?
Doing frequent 1 on 1 meetings is what separates great leaders from the good ones. If you are not already sold on this, go read this article.
Use this template
#1 - Icebreakers + Get to know each other (5 mins)
Use this to put the team member at ease! Some fun questions to ask -
- What’s your favourite place to vacation?
- What is the best concert you have ever been to?
- Pineapple on Pizza. Yay or Nay? 😇
Check out our list of 3300+ Icebreaker questions to get more inspiration
#2 - Feedback from employee on team / company (10 mins)
On to serious stuff now! Some helpful questions to get you started:
- What is #1 product feature we should fast track / build soon?
- What is 1 thing we did well in the past 3 months? What could we have done better as a team last month?
- How are we doing as a team on diversity, equality & inclusion (gender, age etc)
#3 - Check on employee morale / career growth (5 mins)
Don’t miss this opportunity to understand how the team member is doing. Some great questions:
- Are you worried about the progress of any team projects?
- How’s life outside work? All good?
- Are you clear about your goals for this quarter? What needs clarity?