We have already published meeting templates for one on one meetings on Google Docs and even Notion! Here’s one that you can download and use as an excel file or Google Sheets.
Excel gives you the advantage of its CRM-like features. You can have columns for meeting date, task assigned etc. This helps you maintain the entire meeting very well. A good overall template that you can use is:
#1 - Discuss (15 mins)
- Pineapple on Pizza. Yay or Nay? 😇 <-- Fun way to break the ice :)
- What has been the work highlight/lowlight from the past week?
- Are you happy with our level of communication? How would you change it?
- Do you want less feedback from me or more?
- Do you feel like your ideas are being considered?
- Was there a recent team discussion where you did not get to share your thoughts?
- What can we do to improve our planning & goal setting exercises?
#2 - Wins (5 mins)
- What about work, culture, or how the team is run do I need to pay closer attention to as a leader?
- What is #1 product feature we should fast track / build soon?
- What is 1 thing we did well in the past 3 months? What could we have done better as a team last month?
- How are we doing as a team on diversity, equality & inclusion (gender, age etc)