Excel gives you the advantage of its CRM-like features. You can have columns for meeting date, task assigned etc. This helps you maintain the entire meeting very well. A good overall template that you can use is:
#1 - Discuss (15 mins)
- Pineapple on Pizza. Yay or Nay? 😇 <-- Fun way to break the ice :)
- What has been the work highlight/lowlight from the past week?
- Are you happy with our level of communication? How would you change it?
- Do you want less feedback from me or more?
- Do you feel like your ideas are being considered?
- Was there a recent team discussion where you did not get to share your thoughts?
- What can we do to improve our planning & goal setting exercises?
#2 - Wins (5 mins)
- What about work, culture, or how the team is run do I need to pay closer attention to as a leader?
- What is #1 product feature we should fast track / build soon?
- What is 1 thing we did well in the past 3 months? What could we have done better as a team last month?
- How are we doing as a team on diversity, equality & inclusion (gender, age etc)