Now at $350 MRR (up from $240 last month). Another slow month for us. I think we fell into the classic trap of trying to be perfect vs launching faster. Our web app launch was delayed by almost a month.
Increased pricing to $28 per manager per month didn't have any negative impact. Free 30 day trial to paid conversion % is holding at 12%+ which is another good sign.
- MRR --> $350$ (+ 110)
- Active teams --> 31 (+ 7) (5 referrals from current customers, 2 via Twitter)
- Active users --> 409 (+ 76)
- Free 30 day trial to paid conversion % --> 12.3%
- Churned paying teams --> 0
- NPS --> n/a
- Runway - March 2021 (- 0)
- Launched the new web app. First baby step towards removing dependencies on Slack
What’s not working well
Our web app launch got delayed by almost a month. I think the lack of front-end skills is definitely hurting us. We also wasted 1-2 weeks in trying to polish features which we should not have.
Plans for October
- Step up content marketing engine again. Write at least one SEO article every week again.
- Automate the rest of customer support work e.g. custom question and timing requests from customers
- Shift to Stripe vs Gumroad (finally)